Written by SirWalterRunning on December 1, 2020
2021 Sir Walter Running MembershipGiving Tuesday
Let’s face it, 2020 has been a wild year. Real racing has all but disappeared, but many new ideas have arose. We have been doing virtual racing on real courses for some time, and expect that to continue, but look forward to getting back out there to run clubs, and racing in person as well!
We hope you will join us in furthering our mission of “Bringing the Greater Raleigh running community together through innovation, activation, and inclusivity.” We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit and rely on your donations to keep our events free and low cost for all! Every little bit helps, and all donations are tax deductible. These offers are ongoing, and not limited to Giving Tuesday (while supplies last).
Stay tuned for announcements later this week for our next event!
Some things we’re proud about 2020:
- 2020 Olympic Trials Marathon Local Qualifiers Send Off and Panel
- 2020 Raleigh Half Marathon
- Air Craigasus Virtual 3 Miler
- Pop Up Miles – The Brind’A-MILE
- Pop Up Miles – Planet of the Oaks Mile
- Pop Up Miles – Kimbrough Speed Loop Mile
- Pop Up Miles – Walnut Creek Wolfpack Mile
- Tour de Walter – Merry Squirrel 3-Miler
- Tour de Walter – Sir Walter Summer Camp 4-Miler
- 2020 Tour de Walter – Raleigh Run “Thou”
- 2020 Tour de Walter – Raleigh’s Fastest 4k
- Neuse River Relay
Some things we’re looking forward to in 2021 (and late 2020):
- Holiday Buffalo 5000 (details coming Friday)!
- 3rd Raleigh Half Marathon (fingers crossed)
- Sir Walter Miler!
- Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile
- Pop Up Miles
- Tour de Walter
- Pop Up Cross Country
- Neuse River Relay
- The first Sir Walter Expedition!
- The launch of the Sir Walter Running Patreon with exlusive content! (see below)
Sir Walter Running Patreon
We are launching exclusive content over at the Sir Walter Running Patreon page! Join for as little as $1/month and support us all year long!
2021 Sir Walter Membership Options (more info below)
- Squirrel Squad ($25) – 2020 was the year of the mask, so why not lean in and support Sir Walter Running and get your own Sir Walter Running bandana! Wear it on the run or as a pocket square. Note: Actual bandana will look different than picture (but colors will be the same). You will also get your name on our website and your purchase is tax deductible. Free shipping and stickers with every order. Maybe a koozie if we have some!
- Sir Walter Runner ($75) – You’re a fan of the Strava Challenges, Pop Up Miles, Tour de Walter, and more. Get a Sir Walter Running Nike Tech Shirt! Note: Print on shirts will be slightly different (photos are just mock ups). You will also get your name on our website and your purchase is tax deductible. Free shipping and stickers with every order. Maybe a koozie if we have some!
- Sir Walter Miler ($125) – The Sir Walter Miler is what you’re here for. Want to sit in the VIP section this year and get a Sir Walter Miler patch hat? This is for you. You’ll also get a Sir Walter Running bandana. You will also get your name on our website and your purchase is tax deductible. Free shipping and stickers with every order. Maybe a koozie if we have some!
- Super Squirrel (S250) – You want it all. You’ll get the Sir Walter Running bandana, Sir Walter Running Tech Shirt (Mens or Womens), Sir Walter Miler Patch Hat, and VIP seating at the Sir Walter Miler! You will also get your name on our website and your purchase is tax deductible. Free shipping and stickers with every order. Maybe a koozie if we have some!
Want to join the Gray Squirrel Track Club? We’re linking up with Tracksmith again. If you joined in 2020, just support Sir Walter at any level (or on Patreon), and you’re in! If you’re new here, join Tracksmith’s Hare AC for $128 and send us proof and we’ll send you an iron on patch and a Sir Walter Running bandana. Click here for details.
2021 Sir Walter Running Members
Contribute and your name will be added here!