Want to run a fast mile? or just beat your elementary school time? Want to earn a spot in the Sir Walter Miler elite race? It’s all possible once again this June in Raleigh.
Here’s how it’s going down: Each week, we’ll have 2 Mile races. They’ll start at 7pm. The first will be for those predicting to run 5:30 and up, the second will be under 5:29. We’ll also have a bonus distance and a bonus relay each week, so grab your friend and get ready to run fast!
The Sir Walter Qualifier will feature the Top 10 Men, the Top 10 Women, and an Open Mile. The Winners of the Men’s Championship and Women’s Championship Race will earn the final spot in the Sir Walter Miler Elite Race on Friday, August 4, 2023. Automatic Qualification for the Sir Walter Qualifier will be allow for Males that have run 4:10.00 in the Mile (3:51.50 for 1500m), and Females that have run 4:45.00 (4:23.90 in the 1500m). Time must have been run on 1/1/2023 or later, and the winner of the Sir Walter Qualifier must have run these marks to gain entry into the 2023 Sir Walter Miler Elite Field.
The 2023 Pop Up Miles “Regular Season” will again by at Williams Stadium near Athens Drive/Lake Johnson. We’ll bring a race clock and call splits. You do the rest. Show up, run fast, bring your own water, and clean up after yourself. We’ll even have pacers for certain times. Feel free to bring a dollar or two donation to help fund the 2023 Sir Walter Miler as well. If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 Sir Walter Running – Pop Up Miles
- Week 1 – Tuesday, June 6 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 5000m, 4x400m relay (Results)
- Week 2 – Tuesday, June 13 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 2 Miles, 4x400m relay
- Week 3 – Tuesday, June 20 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 800m, 4x400m relay
- Week 4 – Tuesday, June 27 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, Open Track
- Sir Walter Qualifier – Thursday, June 29 at Meredith – Open Mile, Women’s Championship Mile, Men’s Championship Mile, 4x400m relay
*Join the email list to be in the know!*
More information is at PopUpMiles.com