Want to run a fast mile? or just beat your elementary school time? Want to earn a spot in the Sir Walter Miler elite race? It’s all possible on Tuesday nights in June in Raleigh.
Here’s how it’s going down: Each week, we’ll have 2 Mile races. They’ll start at 7pm. The first will be for those predicting to run 5:30 and up, the second will be under 5:29. We’ll also have a bonus distance and a bonus relay each week, so grab your friend and get ready to run fast!
Automatic Qualification for the Championship Miles will be allow for Males that have run 4:10.00 in the Mile (3:51.50 for 1500m), and Females that have run 4:45.00 (4:23.90 in the 1500m). Time must have been run on 1/1/2022 or later, and the winner of the Sir Walter Qualifier must have run these marks to gain entry into the 2022 Sir Walter Miler Elite Field.
Make sure you sign up on the email list to find out where the Pop Up Miles will be. We’ll bring a race clock and call splits. You do the rest. Show up, run fast, bring your own water, and clean up after yourself. We’ll even have pacers for certain times. Feel free to bring a dollar or two donation to help fund the Sir Walter Miler as well.
2022 Sir Walter Running – Pop Up Miles
- Week 1 – Tuesday, June 7 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 5000m, 4×400 (Results)
- Week 2 – Tuesday, June 14 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 2 Miles, 4×400 (Results)
- Week 3 – Tuesday, June 21 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 800m, 4×400 (Results)
- Week 4 – Tuesday, June 28 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, Open Track (Results)
- Championship / Sir Walter Qualifier – Friday, July 1 at Meredith – Open Mile, Women’s Championship Mile, Men’s Championship Mile, 4x400m relay (Results)
*Join the email list to be in the know!*
More information is at PopUpMiles.com