Thanks for coming out the past 4 weeks. Here’s to a fun final night!
Here’s a few things worth checking out:
- Results from Week 4
- Photos from Week 4 (Courtesy of Jason Honeycutt. Tip @JCuttPhotography on Venmo!)
- Read an article about the Pop Up Miles by Joshua Dwight
- Mile Finish videos on the Sir Walter Running YouTube page (follow it!)
Women’s Pop Up Championship Qualifiers
|Megan Mansy||800 Auto||Confirmed|
Men’s Pop Up Championship Qualifiers
|Dylan Lowry & Matt Willis||Auto||Confirmed|
If you’re on this list, you’re in for Friday. Send us an email to confirm you’re coming Friday.
Information about this week’s Pop Up Miles events
- Thanks for following the rules last week. Again: DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG. Our insurance and ability to put the events on depends on this, so please leave your pups at home!
- We’re at Meredith! This track is all weather/rubberized, so spikes are permitted! The track opens at 6pm.
- Sir Walter Running is paying $250 each week to rent the track, so please donate in the box at the event, or Venmo @SirWalterMiler so we can continue to use this nice track!
- Parking – Attendees can park on the main drive or in any lot surrounding the track (any lot circled below).
Race Order for Friday, July 1 at Meredith
- 7:00pm – Open Mile (we may expand to 2 heats due to numbers)
- 7:10pm – Women’s Championship Mile
- 7:20pm – Men’s Championship Mile
- 7:30pm – 4×400 – We’ll provide batons, so pick your teams at the track!
- 8:00pm – Track closes / Optional After Party at Raleigh Brewing Company
7 Helpful Reminders
- This is a Pop Up Miles event. Please bring your own water/sports drinks.
- Please dispose of all trash properly. We’re all in this together.
- We will have access to bathrooms. Maybe bring your own TP.
- Ask mentioned above, renting the track each week costs Sir Walter Running $250, so please bring a small donation for the 2022 Sir Walter Miler or Paypal [email protected] (we pay insurance for these meets, just in case). We put every dollar back into this. Help us help you. We have a Venmo too! @SirWalterMiler
- We’ll have a clock and will be calling splits. You’ll need to sign in your time after your race completes. This is how we post results. Honor system.
- We will have a waiver for you to sign saying you are running on your own accord.
- Results will be posted at PopUpMiles.com
Some more things on the schedule:
- Friday, July 1 – Pop Up Miles Championship / Sir Walter Qualifier at Meredith (RSVP on Facebook)
- Friday, August 5 – Sir Walter Miler (RSVP on Facebook)
- Saturday, August 6 – Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile (RSVP on Facebook)
- Saturday, December 3 – Raleigh (Holiday) Half Marathon