Thanks for coming out the past 3 weeks. Here’s to another week of fun, with s2 events!
Here’s a few things worth checking out:
- Results from Week 3
- Photos from Week 3 (Courtesy of Jason Honeycutt. Tip @JCuttPhotography on Venmo!)
- New Summer of Miles podcast episode recapping Week 3 and chatting with recent NC State grad, and new ON Running athlete, Hannah Steelman
- Mile Finish videos on the Sir Walter Running YouTube page (follow it!)
Top 10 Women’s Times from the Pop Ups
Top 10 Men’s Times from the Pop Ups
If you’re on this list, you’re in for Friday. Send us an email to confirm you’re coming Friday. If you run under 5:29 (F) or 4:40 (M) this Tuesday, you’re in!
Information about this week’s Pop Up Miles events
- Thanks for following the rules last week. Again: DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG and DO NOT PARK ON THE ROAD (Use the big lot by the track). Our insurance and ability to put the events on depends on this, so please leave your pups at home!
- We’re at Williams Stadium every week, behind Athens Drive High School (and near Lake Johnson rear entrance)! This track is all weather/rubberized, so spikes are permitted! The track opens at 6pm. THIS IS NOT THE RECTANGLE ASPHALT TRACK BY THE SCHOOL.
- Sir Walter Running is paying $250 each week to rent the track, so please donate in the box at the event, or Venmo @SirWalterMiler so we can continue to use this nice track!
- Parking – There’s a big gravel lot! Make sure you drive to the end of Jaguar Park Drive (not the Athens Drive Football field).
- Races start at 7pm sharp!
Race Order for Tuesday, June 28 at Williams Stadium
- 7:00pm – Over 5:30 Mile
- 7:10pm – Under 5:29 Mile
- 7:20pm – Open Track
- 8:00pm – Track closes / Optional After Party at Sammy’s Tap & Grill
Race Order for Friday, July 1 at Meredith
- 7:00pm – Open Mile
- 7:10pm – Women’s Championship Mile
- 7:20pm – Men’s Championship Mile
- 7:30pm – 4×400 – We’ll provide batons, so pick your teams at the track!
- 8:00pm – Track closes / Optional After Party at Raleigh Brewing Company
10 Helpful Reminders
- This is a Pop Up Miles event. Please bring your own water/sports drinks.
- Please dispose of all trash properly. We’re all in this together.
- We will have access to bathrooms. Maybe bring your own TP.
- Ask mentioned above, renting the track each week costs Sir Walter Running $250, so please bring a small donation for the 2022 Sir Walter Miler or Paypal [email protected] (we pay insurance for these meets, just in case). We put every dollar back into this. Help us help you. We have a Venmo too! @SirWalterMiler
- We’ll have a clock and will be calling splits. You’ll need to sign in your time after your race completes. This is how we post results. Honor system.
- We will have a waiver for you to sign saying you are running on your own accord.
- Results (and standings) will be posted at PopUpMiles.com
Some more things on the schedule:
- Tuesday, June 28 – Pop Up Miles – Week 4 – (RSVP on Facebook)
- Friday, July 1 – Pop Up Miles Championship / Sir Walter Qualifier at Meredith (RSVP on Facebook)
- Friday, August 5 – Sir Walter Miler (RSVP on Facebook)
- Saturday, August 6 – Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile (RSVP on Facebook)
- Saturday, December 3 – Raleigh (Holiday) Half Marathon