Let’s face it, you are ready to race. You are ready to see other people. You want to earn a non-virtual medal. We all do.
We hope you’ll join us for the Greenway 20k on Saturday, April 3, 2021 for a unique racing experience.
After the success of the Neuse River Relay, we at Sir Walter Running immediately set out to put on a similar individual event where runners could compete again, safely.
So here we are. We hope to hold the Raleigh Half Marathon in the Fall, but this point to point 20k should give you a chance to race again with friends and remember that sense of competition with others, and more importantly, yourself.
Some protocols we will be taking are:
- This is a point to point course, which will limit runners coming in the close contact that they would in an out and back race.
- Athletes will choose a 30 minute “Wave” window in which they can start. Runners can start at any time within their 30 minute window.
- Timing mats will be placed at the start and finish, to ensure official times, but will allow runners to run at their own convenience, within their window, to ensure safety.
- All athletes will be given a neck gaiter (pictured to the right) to cover their faces at the start, and will be encouraged to wear them when they are within 10 feet of other athletes.
- Aid stations will be stocked with bottled water, with staff and volunteers making sure they are stocked and ready for runners to pick up.
- The finish line will be similar with packaged food (ie. Clif Bars and bottled water)
- Runners will have option of having race packet mailed or picked up at local running store.
- There will be a designated drop off at 2600 Brown Field Road for the start, and athletes will be able to park cars at the Eastern NC Food Bank at Gateway Plaza near the finish as the one way route will also ensure as little passing contact with the runners as possible.
- If families choose to attend the finish area, social distancing and masks will be enforced.
We look forward to hosting you on Saturday, April 3, 2021!
The Sir Walter Team
More at Greenway20k.com