The 2022 Summer of Miles is officially here and we’re excited to have Pop Up Miles starting this week! Make sure and subscribe to the Summer of Miles podcast and listen to the latest episode that talks all about it!
And the Sir Walter Miler is back as well! Mark your calendars for the usual First Friday of August spot! We’re back at Cardinal Gibbons this year on Friday, August 5th and we’ll have the Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile again on Saturday, August 6th. Sign up today!
Information about the Pop Up Miles
That’s right, we’re back! This year we’re at Williams Stadium every week, behind Athens Drive High School (and near Lake Johnson rear entrance)! This track is all weather/rubberized, so spikes are permitted! The track opens at 6pm. Address is 5623 Jaguar Park Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606.
- Sir Walter Running is paying $250 each week to rent the track, so please donate in the box at the event, or Venmo @SirWalterMiler so we can continue to use this nice track!
- Parking – There’s a big gravel lot! Make sure you drive to the end of Jaguar Park Drive (not the Athens Drive Football field)
- Races start at 7pm sharp!
- 7:00pm – Over 5:30 Mile
- 7:10pm – Under 5:29 Mile
- 7:20pm – 5000 meters
- 7:45pm – 4×400 – We’ll provide batons, so pick your teams at the track!
- 8:00pm – Track closes / Optional After Party at Sammy’s Tap & Grill
10 Helpful Reminders
- This is a Pop Up Miles event. Please bring your own water/sports drinks.
- Please dispose of all trash properly. We’re all in this together.
- We will have access to bathrooms. Maybe bring your own TP.
- Ask mentioned above, renting the track each week costs Sir Walter Running $250, so please bring a small donation for the 2022 Sir Walter Miler or Paypal SirWalterRunning@gmail.com (we pay insurance for these meets, just in case). We put every dollar back into this. Help us help you. We have a Venmo too! @SirWalterMiler
- We’ll have a clock and will be calling splits. You’ll need to sign in your time after your race completes. This is how we post results. Honor system.
- We will have a waiver for you to sign saying you are running on your own accord.
- Results (and standings) will be posted at PopUpMiles.com
2022 Pop Up Miles Schedule
- Week 1 – Tuesday, June 7 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 5000m, 4x400m (Results)
- Week 2 – Tuesday, June 14 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 2 Miles, 4x400m (RSVP on Facebook)
- Week 3 – Tuesday, June 21 – >5:30 Mile, <5:30 Mile, 800m, 4x400m (RSVP on Facebook)
- Week 4 – Tuesday, June 28 – TBD
Some more things on the schedule:
- Friday, August 5 – Sir Walter Miler (RSVP on Facebook)
- Saturday, August 6 – Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile (RSVP on Facebook)
- Saturday, December 3 – Raleigh (Holiday) Half Marathon