On Tuesday, October 23rd, we’ll wrap up the second season of Pop Up Cross Country at Dix Park with the first Raleigh City Cross Country Championship! There will be hay bails to clear, pumpkins to jump, and a post-race party at nearby Trophy Brewing on Maywood. Individual Men’s and Women’s Champion will recieve a trophy, as well as the coed Team Champion, who will recieve the Hayes Barton Bowl, commemorating Sir Walter Raleigh’s hometown.
Details on the Raleigh City Cross Country Championship
When: Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018
Where: The Big Field at Dix Park
Timing: Chip timing via Clockwork Timing
Team Scoring: Top 4 for each team score, based on place. Lowest team score wins. Teams can have as many members as possible.
- 5:00pm – Race Day Registration/Bib & Chip Pickup (ending at 5:45pm, by the starting line).
- 5:45pm – Kids 1.1 mile
- 6:00pm – 5k Race
- 6:45pm – Awards
- 7:00pm – Post-Race Party at Trophy Brewing Co. on Maywood.
- More information about the the event will be discussed on the Summer of Miles podcast
- Please RSVP on Facebook here.
- Pop Up Cross Country is directed and promoted by Sir Walter Running, a Raleigh-based USATF club. Sir Walter Running also produces the Sir Walter Miler, the Pop Up Miles series every June, and the Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile.
In Cooperation With
For additional information, or questions: please contact us at SirWalterRunning@gmail.com