We’re almost there! Thanks for signing up for the inaugural Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile. The race is this Friday, June 17th on Centennial Parkway. Read a press release about the event here.
Here are some things to know:
1. Packet pickup (and pre-race registration) will be Thursday at Runologie (401 Hillsborough St) from 5-7pm, Friday at Runologie from 11am – 1pm, and Raceday from 5pm – 6:30pm. Online registration is open until Midnight on Thursday.
2. Raceday registration/packet pickup will be by the starting line, near the intersection of Oval Drive and Centennial Parkway. We’ll have 2 portojons up there as well.
3. Chip pickup is raceday only! The chips must be returned at the finish line. We’ll have a bucket to throw them in.
4. Race Times: The Women’s Competitive Race is at 7pm. Men’s Competitive Race is at 7:20pm. The Recreational Run/Walk is at 7:40pm.
5. Post Race Party is at Trophy Brewing Co. at 656 Maywood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27603. The Runologie Awards Ceremony will be at Trophy at 8:30pm. This is Trophy’s new facility and is 1/2 mile from the finish line. Feel free to park there for the race. The 2015 Food Network Great Food Truck Race winner, Phonomenal Dumplings, will be there as well!
6. Awards will go 3 deep in the following divisions in male and female competitive races. There will be no awards in the Recreational Run/Walk, but it will be chip timed. Also, the first male and female to the halfway point will win the “Salming Sprint to the Middle,” and a pair of their Race 3 Racing Flats.
- Top 3 Overall
- Youth (17 and under)
- Open (18-39)
- Masters (40-49)
- Grand Masters (50+)
- Senior Grand Masters (60+)
7. Additional parking is available near the start off of Oval Drive. Here is a map for available parking.
8. The course is USATF Certified, but not record eligible, due to the 130′ drop. There is a Strava segment as well.
9. The Top 5 finishers in the Men’s and Women’s Race will be offered a spot to compete in the Pop Up Miles Championship Miles on Tuesday, June 28th. The winners of those race will get a chance to compete in the elite race at the Sir Walter Miler on Friday, August 5th.
10. The Race Course Preview video is here!
11. Results are here
12. Photos are here
See you Friday!
Sir Walter Running
Questions –> [email protected]