2017 Raleigh City Cross Country Championship
On Tuesday, October 24th, we’ll wrap up the inaugural season of Pop Up Cross Country at Dix Park with the first Raleigh City Cross Country Championship! There will be hay bails to clear, pumpkins to jump, and a post-race party at nearby Trophy Brewing on Maywood. Individual Men’s and Women’s Champion will recieve a trophy, as well as the coed Team Champion, who will recieve the Hayes Barton Bowl, commemorating Sir Walter Raleigh’s hometown.
The event will also mark the launch of the Big Field Mile; a marked mile (every 100 meters) that follows the inner and outer perimeter of the Big Field at Dix Park. This will be launched in conjunction with the City of Raleigh’s iDEA RALEIGH Program and Dix Park. You can listen to Sandy and Pat preview the race on the Summer of Miles podcast here.
Details on the Raleigh City Cross Country Championship
When: Tuesday, October 24th, 2017
Where: The Big Field at Dix Park
Timing: FS Series will provide bibs and chip timing (OFFICIAL RESULTS ARE HERE)
Team Scoring: Top 4 for each team score, based on place. Lowest team score wins. Teams can have as many members as possible.
- 5:00pm – Race Day Registration/Bib & Chip Pickup (ending at 5:45pm, by the starting line).
- 5:45pm – Kids 1000 meter Fun Run (Free / No Bib needed)
- 6:00pm – 5k Race
- 7:00pm – Awards and Post-Race Party at Trophy Brewing Co. on Maywood. Curry in a Hurry Food Truck will be there as well!
Summer of Miles podcast preview
- More information about the the event will be discussed on the Summer of Miles podcast
- Volunteers are needed. Sign up here.
- Please RSVP on Facebook here.
- Pop Up Cross Country is directed and promoted by Sir Walter Running, a Raleigh-based USATF club. Sir Walter Running also produces the Sir Walter Miler, the Pop Up Miles series every June, and the Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile.
In Cooperation With
For additional information, or questions: please contact us at SirWalterRunning@gmail.com