Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile
We’re back for 2017 – Friday, June 16 (More info coming soon)
Looking to run your fastest mile ever? We have the race for you! The Raleigh RunDown is the fastest mile in North Carolina! Starting atop Centennial Parkway and heading down, the Raleigh RunDown is your chance for a PR! Read a press release about the event here.
When: Friday, June 17, 2016 – Races start at 7pm
Where: Centennial Parkway (USATF Certified Course Map)
Races: Men’s Competitive, Women’s Competitive, Recreational Walk/Run (with chip timing from Rhodes Race Timing)
Results: are here
Photos: are here
Parking: Parking will be available in nearby NC State Centennial Campus parking lots (map here) and at Trophy Brewing Co. at 656 Maywood Ave, Raleigh, NC 27603.
- 5:00pm Race Day Registration/Packet Pickup (ending at 6:30pm, by the starting line). Packet pickup also at Runologie: Thursday 5-7pm & Friday 11am-1pm
- 7:00pm Women’s Competitive Race
- 7:20pm Men’s Competitive Race
- 7:40pm Recreational Run/Walk
- 8:30pm Awards (provided by Runologie) and Post-Race Party at Trophy Brewing Co. on Maywood The 2015 Food Network Great Food Truck Race winner, Phonomenal Dumplings, will be there as well!
Awards will be given to top 3 in Male and Female categories below
1. Top 3 Overall
2. Youth (17 and under)
3. Open (18-39)
4. Masters (40-49)
5. Grand Masters (50+)
6. Senior Grand Masters (60+)
**Top 5 Male and Top 5 Female finishers gain automatic entry to the Pop Up Miles – Championship Miles on Tuesday, June 28th. Winners from that race will get a chance to compete in the Elite Race at the 2016 Sir Walter Miler.
Complimentary Elite entry inquires can be directed to SirWalterRunning@gmail.com
Requirements: Male: <4:00 1500 or <4:20 mile / Female: <5:00 1500 or <5:20 mile
Marks must be within last 12 months.
**Event is rain or shine!